BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 7, 2010

First Week In PC Mart

Due to tiredness and lack of time, I only had weekend to update my blog. So, pardonnez-moi, s'il vous plait? (Forgive me, please?). This is the summarisation of every single day that I have went through for the last one week:



1st Nov 2010
Its my very first day under industrial training. I'm so nervous.. Don't know what to expect. Early in the morning, Mr.Goh (my employer) brief me about the PC Mart history, products and services they offered and the awards received for their outstanding performance as one of the main dealer of the UBS Software. I also get to know that previously PC Mart and Agile Solutions work under the same office. But later on, as their business started to expand, they separated their offices. PC Mart located and run their business in Sungei Wang while Agile Soulutions run their business in Imbi Plaza which is located next to Sg. Wang. Agile Solutions expertise is in POS (Point of Sales) software while PC Mart handle UBS Accounting, Payroll, Time Attendence, etc..


During my first day, early in the morning, Mr. Goh asked Shah (my officemate) to bring me along and show me how and where to bank in the cheques paid by the customers. It is pretty far away to get to Public Bank and there 4 coloured zones in Sg. Wang which mean 4 different entrance! Thank God Standard Chartered is just across the bridge and Maybank is just walking distance. These are the 3 important banks that I need to know and aware of because I will be going there quite often in these 2 months.


In the afternoon, my employer require me to install UBS Accounting Software into my laptop but my lappy drives me crazy! There's something wrong with it, maybe some sort of virus have been breeding in my hard disc. Unfortunately, my anti-virus was unable to detect and delete the viruses completely. Huhuhu... Thank God, I had a very understanding and negotiable employer.  =)  Due to my lappy problems, Mr.Goh has assigned me to register under Skype and opening a hotmail account. It is assigned to all his employees that work under the support team for UBS Software. The Skype and hotmail account will enable the clients to contact us if there is any problems. So, basically, that is what I did for the first day. Not so much of work but it should be okay later on, once I get a grib of everything I should know.  ^_^


2nd Nov 2010
On the 2nd day, I borrowed my sister's lappy so that I could get to work meanwhile I find someone to fix mine. Today is all about installing UBS Accounting Software and practicing using UBS Accounting Software. I had Mr. Liew to taught me using the software. Very patient and understanding officemate.. ^_^  But, I need to explore a bit by myself too. Later in the evening, Mr. Wong, another officemate of mine taught me on how to renew a licence for UBS 9.3 and 9.4 version. He also taught me about reissuance the license into another PC if the customer wanted to operate the UBS Software from another PC. Its a lot of things to remember but Mr. Wong said if I already done it once or twice, I will understand and memorize the flow. Nothing to worried.. TQ Mr. Wong.  =)


3rd Nov 2010
Third day in the family, I consider myself as the "xiao meimei" which means little sister since I am the only girl in PC Mart and I assumed I am the youngest.  =)  Mr. Goh had 2 daughters; a 3-year-old and a 13-year-old.  
I am not sure his eldest daughter's name. I getting familiar with her 3-year-old daughter because Mr.Goh brought her to office every single working day. Her name is Goh Yi Xin. She is so cute and friendly.  ^_^
She called  me "kakak". The rest of the chinese guys (my officemates), she called "ko ko" which means brother and she called Shah, "abang". How sweet... 


Morning, as usual, I need to bank in some cheques into Public bank. Later in the evening, Shah taught me how to delete corrupted files (e.g. glpost.dbf). Files that has .dbf extension, is considered corrupted. He also taught me to overcome problems that related to start up of any software. Furthermore, I also being taught about accessing UBS Software via other PC and deleting transaction in the UBS Accounting software. Plenty of things need to be jot down and memorized. Shah is a bit cold sometimes, but I think he is okay. Maybe he just don't have much time to know me well. Neither do I because he always not in the office due to on-site training.



4th Nov 2010
Morning, bank in some cheques. Later in the afternoon, I had a visit from Mr.William from Agile Solutions. He was here in my office to teach me how to key in customers purchased and create new account for them if they're new customers. Before I could do that, I need to log in first. Mr. Goh created a username and a password for me. Mr.William or Mr. Teoh William (I asked him his name), is very fluent in Malay language. I am impressed! He is fond of kids too. It is reflected on the way he treat and talk to Yi Xin. =)  I am so lucky to have such loving, sweet and caring officemates and employer. Grateful for being in this company... Tomorrow will be public holiday (Deepavali Day). So, my company will be back on business on Saturday from 9am to 1pm.


6th Nov 2010
Today is Saturday and I did not go to work because I am still in Taiping celebrating Deepavali.  =P
Actually, I have informed my boss that I wanted to take 1 day off on Saturday because I could not make it to KL on time on Friday. I replace my holiday on Hari Raya Aidiladha. Meaning to say that, on Hari Raya Haji, I will be working as usual. Huhuhuhu... Its okay.. Like people always said, there's always a silver lining in dark clouds (am I writing it correctly? =P)... So, this is the end of my report this week. Until next week, adios~



0 comments: